Sunday, June 26, 2011

Mad Anger

by Aklira » Sat May 21, 2011 9:23 pm

Both sides of my parents families have anger problems, my father being one of the worst. I have inherited that trait. There are times where I would just barely contain myself from beating up my own mother. Hitting back after my father has hit me. There has been countless times as a young girl where people had pushed me, or taunted me, and before I knew it, I was punching their lights out, tears in my eyes, not from the pain of being bullied, or even the throbbing of my fist, but because I was so angry. There was a few weeks ago, when my little sister went into the bathroom, while I was in there, brushing my teeth. She called me something, I don't even remember, and I slapped her, and put my hand on her throat and squeezed. After a few seconds, I realized what I had been doing, and let go of her.

She was sobbing, but the door was closed so no one could really hear her, they were all downstairs. "You tried to kill me!" she screeched, her eyes wide in horror, as tears spilled over her cheeks. And I calmed her down and swore her to secrecy, because I knew that I would get the same treatment from my father, if not worse, had he known. I was shocked with myself. I put a hand on my little sisters throat, intending to suffocate her. I had been able to control it for a while, but I'm still afraid of what I might do if someone angers me. I don't know what to do to change this, and I was wondering if someone had any advice.

No comments: