Sunday, June 26, 2011

Help understanding ex and her anger

by JayL » Fri May 20, 2011 2:37 am

I just got out of a relationship with a girl who had a very bad past. Father abused mother, step father abused mother. Dysfunctional brothers.

Her- Very successful and driven. She thinks she is strong, independent, which on the surface she is. Stands up for what she believes and anger comes out. Almost very womens rights, etc. Cant stand the status of old fashion relationships where the women basically take care of the man, house, raise kids etc. (not that is what I expect or even want) She gets very testy and argumentative.

The tough part when things were good, they were real good. She was very kind and thoughtful, affectionate, happy, etc. I still felt I was on egg shells that my opinion on something could set her off. I am very laid back and know to pick my battles in which most of the time I wouldnt respond or change the subject and all is well.

When we got into the few arguments that we did she was BRUTAL. Name calling, and as calm and nice as I could be she would just get angrier. It was like I was talking to a child that there was nothing you could say or do.

She did at time mention that she made a new years resolution this year to be nicer to people, be more mature, so I guess she understands she has a problem.

Our relationship ended over something very petty, and the one time I stood up to her diplomatically and ask her not to talk to me that way she went off the deep end and I left and we havent talked since.

This is frustrating

Can anyone shed some light on what this sounds like? if she is close to say over mid 30's is it even tougher to change?JayLConsumer 0

No comments: